Me, Myself, and I

Hello, World.  My name is Colton. I am 12 years old, and I love sports! I live in the Comox Valley and boy, it’s a great place to live. I live with my mom, dad, little brother, and my dog named Kenai. My favourite colour is aqua blue, what’s yours? I love dogs and other animals, but I detest cats. Do you like dogs? What animals do you not like?

I live for soccer!! I’ve played it since I was 4, and now at the age of 12 I still can’t get enough of it. I play rep soccer, so I have to travel all over Vancover Island to get to my games. I play left offensive mid and striker. My brother is a big soccer fan too, but he’s not old enough to play rep soccer. If you don’t play soccer, what other sports do you play?

I also like to run, both sprints and long distance {sprints and long distance}. I am really good at long distance because once I set a pace I can hold it for miles. Do you like to run?  Are you more a sprint type or are you better at long distance?

I love to read!  Do you? The best book I’ve ever read is probably the “Eragon series”.   What books would you recommend I read? I also like the “Ranger’s Apprentice Series”. If you haven’t read either of these series, then I would recommend you read these books as soon as possible!

When I grow up I want to be in the Marine Corps because I want to serve my country. I am an American citisan but because my dad is in the military we got to have an exchange toware in Canada. Another job I would like to have is to be a FIFA World Cup soccer player. What do you want to be when you grow up?

One interesting fact about me is that I’ve lived on islands for most of my life. They include {Oahu, Hawaii, Kodiak, Alaska, and Vancouver Island, British Columbia}.  The only time I haven’t been surrounded by water was when I lived in Florida.

Thank you for reading.  Please write back about you, yourself, and you.

Picture Soccer Ball by Bachmann

46 thoughts on “Me, Myself, and I

1. Hello Colton,
    Just by this first page I can tell that you are going a very good blogger.Well to the point first of all I love cats,dogs and many other animals so I neither agree or disagree with that.

As for soccer I did play when I was younger and lived in Whistler but when we moved I stopped. =(

I like long distance more than sprints don’t know why.

No I have not read that book or series but I probably will I do like Harry Potter —-+ >=>=>=>=>=>=> Magic spell FTW

When I grow up I want to be an architect because it makes good money and I like designing.

I hope to read more posts of yours

2. Hi Colton,
    I am a hobby farmer. I like to smell the fresh tilled soil in the spring when I plant corn. I like to watch the green corn plants grow.
    My other hobby is restoring your great grandfather’s 1935 B John Deere. I have it completely dismantled and have started cleaning all its parts! I hope to start reassembling this summer.
    We finally got 8″ of snow so I took my first snowmobile ride this winter.
    This is my first blog so let me know how I did.

• Hi Uncle Terry and Aunt Judy,
      How are you? Did you go to Grandpa’s retirement party? I can’t believe you got 8” of snow. We don’t have any snow up here. How was your snow mobile ride. Wish I was up there with you.
      Colton

3. G’day Colton,
    Thanks for registering for the March 2012 student blogging challenge. Make sure you visit the blog every week beginning early March, when the first challenge will be published. If you want a reminder sent to your email each week, use the “Subscribe by email” on the right sidebar of the blog. Also make sure you visit blogs from other students around the world with similar interests.

Miss W or tasteach – challenge organizer

4. Pingback: Week 1: All about me : Challenge Yourself to Blog

5. Pingback: Mr. McCleary's Class Blog | First Blogging Challenge

6. Pingback: Welcome to the Challenge! | Library Student Blog

7. Hello Colton, I’m Lily and I’m Vietnamese. I wonder if you like Harry Potter because I saw a Harry’s picture. I like Harry Potter, too. Please visit my blog. I’m in the same student challenge group. 🙂

• My favorite book is Harry Potter, of course and “Percy Jackson and the Olympians”. My favorite movies are Harry Potter 🙂 and Lion King.

• Wow, really, did you read the books, too? It’s really nice. You like Lion King, that’s cool, and you like Elton,too. Wow, that’s awesome

• Hi Lily99,
            Thanks for all the compliments! I can’t believe we like the same books. Whats your all time favourite boo?
            Colton

8. Hello Colton,

I have read your blog and found it very interesting, I live in England, I have a pet cat called Amboogie, it’s a wierd name I know, I really want a dog but we have a big family anyway so there isn’t much space in our house.I Love field hockey, I play for under 21 county goalkeeper! I LOVE to read my favourite author is Alex Scarrow. I also want to be in the forces but as an RAF pilot. My dad has been in the RAF for 25 years.

Thanks

Drangon

9. Hi Colton,

My name’s Yen Khe and I’m Vietnamese-American. Your blog is really interesting.

So far, I favor the Hunger Games Trilogy out of all of the books I’ve read. I do like the Harry Potter series and Tom Clancy books as well.

Like you, I also want to join the USMC. I want to join as an officer, how about you?

-Yen Khe

• Hi Yen Khe,
      I also like the Hunger Games books! I don’t know what i want to join as. My dad was in the Marines! That’s why I want to be in them.
      Colton

10. Hi Colton,

This is a great blog! I will be leaving a link to your blog, on my blog, so that others can see your amazing blog.

-Keeli
    New Zealand

11. Pingback: Kids in the Mid » Blog Archive » Commenting

12. Hi Colton, it’ me, Lily again. I can’t believe that our chat became one of the great chat between student and student, Is that just weird 😀 Let’s go back to our topic. OMG, we have so many sameness between us. It’s a little bit kinda scary, right? I never found there’s someone that the same like you before. I really wanna make friend with you.

• Hi Lily99,
      I’m really surprised to! We have so much in common! What moves can you do on a scate board? I used to skate board when I lived in Alaska but I stoped doing it for no reason. I think being blogging friends is a great idea. I think I am going to add you to my blog role.
      Colton

• Hello Colton,
        Wait, you lived Alaska? That’s cool. In Vietnam, we don’t have snow so I have nothing to do with skateboard. You just need to call me Lily, it’s enough 😀 About blog role and blogging friend can I add you to my blog role, too? 🙂 -Lily-

• Hi Lily,
          Alaska is a really fun place. Did you know I was born in Hawaii? I really like it their to. Also I would really like to be on your blog nrole
          Colton

• Hello Colton,
            Can you tell me something about Alaska? I like Alaska, too. My friend always made joke with my friend that if we could have the world she just need Alaska 😀 You born in Hawaii? That’s really cool. So I will add you to my blog role right now. 🙂

• Hi Lily,
            Ya I was born in Hawaii. In Alaska there was a mountain called Old Women. My family used to hike that mountain a lot. Have you ever hiked?
            Colton

13. Dear Colton,

I found your blog very interesting. I live in Texas. I don’t have any pets, but I wish I did. My favorite colors are black And lime green. I love dogs and cats ,But I rather have a dog.I love to read. My favorite book would have to be “The Outsiders” by S.E Hinton. Its a very good book. I recommend it. I want to be a video game designer when I grow up.

Thanks,
    Chelsey

• Hi Chelsey,
      I hav enot read the book The Outsiders but I bet it is really good. Do you play any sports? What is your favourite sport to watch?
      Please come back to my blog.
      Colton

14. Hi Colton,

My name is Matthew and I enjoyed visiting your blog.

I recommend reading the Halo series books if you are interested in the game. I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up but I will catch what the future throws at me. When I am 15 I was wanting to work at Best Buy because they accept jobs that early and I really enjoy being around technology. In school I am not the “running type” but I am pretty good at throwing Shot-put for our Track team.

-Matthew

• HI Matthew,
      I have never read any thing about Halo but, I have played the game once at a friends house. What are the books about? I am realy good at running but I am not the best with the shot put. Do you like base ball?
      Colton

15. Pingback: Student Blog Challenge–Week 3 at All About Us

16. Pingback: George H - Challenge Week 3

17. Pingback: Let’s comment | kirkysblog

18. Pingback: Making quality comments | 67F

19. Pingback: 6/7 C Blog till you drop - Writing comments

20. Hi Colton,
    I love dogs too! My favourite type of dog is a Lab and a Retriever. What is your favourite type of dogs? I use to play soccer but I got a heat stroke on my last game and I decided that I didn’t want to play anymore. Right now I am in dance and figure skating. I think maybe next year I will do soccer again. I also love to read!! It is one of my favourite things to do(my others are dance, and swimming)!! I am almost done a series that is really good and I think you might enjoy. The first book is called Uglies, second is Pretties, third is Specials, and the last is called Extras. They are really good books!! I just finished reading Pretties. My friend recommended them to me. I have never moved houses in my life. When my mom was pregnant with me her and my dad started to build a house. To this day, I still am sleeping in the bedroom I slept in as a baby. I think that that is really cool!! I really enjoyed reading your blog!!

21. Hi Colton,
    My name is Demi, and I live in California. I am 13 years old, and a 7th grader at my local Middle School. First off, I would like to say that I absolutly LOVE your name. Secondly, I also like to run. I’m on my school’s track team, and I also do long distance such as the 800 and the 400. Those two are my main races. I would love to hear back from you soon! Check out my blog some time 🙂
    -Demi

• Hi Demi,
      WE sure have alot in common. I also do alot of running. How many track practices do you have a week? What is your best placing?
      Colton
      P.S. You have an awesome name to!